Friday, March 27, 2009

Happenings

It has been awhile since I have posted. We have been keeping busy and having fun. The girls are so much fun to be with everyday and are growing up so fast. Here is what we have been doing:
Baby Torence smiles now!! She is a happy, tiny, long little thing. She only weighed 9 lbs 7 oz at her 2 month appointment. I love having a baby around again. It still seems like we just brought Addy home. Babies make life slow down a little bit and leave more time to enjoy the important stuff.



Here are my little bundles of joy and the loves on my life, minus Tyler, of course.


Addy likes to take pictures now and here is one that she took of Torence in her swing. Addy does pretty well at taking pictures I must say.



Addy is really in to Princess stuff now. A few weeks ago the ladies at Tyler's office threw a little shower for Torence. I wanted to get Addy a present to open that day so she didn't feel left out. She loves the Princess jewelry and crown.

This is the most recent, tragic event at our house. Little Addy toppled off the couch and hit her face on the edge of the coffee table. She hit her mouth, nose and eye. When I picked her up there was blood above her eye, so I took her in to the bathroom to wipe it off, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. Tyler followed and said, "She might need stitches" just as I wiped the blood off, revealing a big, deep gash on her forehead. My heart just stopped. Off to the ER we went and this is the aftermath.
This is the first "ER needing" accident at our house. I have dreaded this day since I had Addy. I know these things are bound to happen with kids, but I hated every second of seeing my child hurt. I am glad Tyler was home because he seemed to keep his cool much better than me.

7 comments:

Allred Family said...

Baby Torence is SO addorable....i cannot believe she is smiling already....it seems like it took Gavin forever to smile. Poor Addy :( i am amazed that none of my kids have needed stitches.....YET!!!!! It could happen any day around here, lucky for you Tyler was home :)

Sara Dawn said...

I'm very impressed with Addy's picture taking. She could come take a few for us. Her poor little face. Ouch! I would have been going crazy. Good thing Tyler was there. Torence is getting so big. I need to see you guys again. I miss you! I'll remind Ryan about those vows.

McNeil Family said...

1) We can't believe how much those two girls look like sisters!
2) And SO STINKIN' CUTE!!
3) I cannot believe Addy's eye... that is awful! (If that happens to my child I really hope Allen is there because he will divorce me if he thinks it is my fault.)
4) Addy looks so grown up with her Princess Jewels. And Torence is getting so big!

YAY YAY for a great post. (And Allen wanted me to tell you to stop beating your child.)

mandy n evans said...

aww that so sad about her little face, hopefully she will feel better soon! She looks just like Tyler to me and the baby torrence is getting so big. They are super cute!

Teresa Johnson said...

Awww...poor Addy...so sad! Sorry, I missed the blessing yesterday, I had to take care of things with YW!

McNeil Family said...

TALK ABOUT OLD. THIS IS SO OLD. Since I just saw you today, I can say that you really need to post more pics of those adorable girls. Chop chop. Lets see pics of your 5 minute vaca to Park City.

Amber said...

I agree- we need more pictures! Nice to 'see' you!