Saturday, January 26, 2008

Project Number One.....

This weekend Tyler and I started our first major house project in this house.... Addy's room. The entire house is painted in this brown color, which we really like and will keep in most of the house, but not in a little girl's room. Here is what it looked like when we started.


This is what it looks like now, which is just crazy looking, but will all come together after Tyler puts up the bead board. My mom is passing through town on a little vacation/family visit, so Addy and I are going to jump in with her. Tyler and his friend, Nushawn will enjoy the bachelor lifestyle while I am gone and are supposed to finish the room. I don't know if Nushawn knows that is what he will be doing, but will find out soon enough.
You can see that we were both too lazy to paint the closet white, which we will probably regret later. It just seemed like such a hassle to move everything out of it and paint all of those little shelves when the doors should be closed anyway. Hey, maybe Nushawn would do that too?????


9 comments:

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

this turned out so cute.. I love the lavender! She is getting so big. That is my next project is to start the baby room.. we need to see you guys sometime soon.. come down to vegas!

Amber said...

That looks great! I like the purple.

Jaime Lynne said...

Purple is so soft and feminie. I'm glad Addy is a girl! :) Glad that you're settling in and making it home.

McNeil Family said...

Mindy-

Did you remove my comment or did it not post?

-Allen

Anonymous said...

Allen,

It didn't post, but Patrice told me about how you think you are so funny. If you ask for pictures now, I could provide pictures of Addy's completed room.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, since you obviously don't appreciate my humor, I will refrain from ever posting again.

Anonymous said...

MINDY WHERE ARE THE NEW PICTURES? I THINK IT IS TIME TO POST THEM.

Anonymous said...

Patrice - DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

Allen, calm down. I want to post the pictures of Addy's new room, but we seemed to have lost the powercord to our camera and the camera battery is dead. We are working on it though.